We are into the last week of the 30 day challenge and we couldn't be more proud of all you yogis that have shown up day in and day out to deepen your practice. Making time for your mat is a huge commitment with even huger payoffs, as you're probably starting to notice. And for our whole community that shows up when they can, remember that yoga isn't just being on your mat. In fact, you probably practice yoga every day in different ways that might not be in the forefront of your mind. Conscious breath while you prepare meals, a relaxing bath, reading a book or listening to your favourite tunes, being mindful and clear in conversations - these are all examples of a yogic life.
Never judge or compare on this journey. Practice practice and all is coming.
We encourage you to keep up your regular practice! Please enjoy this list of benefits and notice which ones land with you. Celebrate your successes, celebrate your areas of opportunity.
This list comes to us from by Rucha Tadwalkar at www.mindbodygreen.com. You can view the full article here!
21 Signs Your Regular Practice Is Working
1. Your happiness comes more from nurturing your mind, body, and spirit, rather than from other people or material objects.
2. You're able to express yourself without hurting others.
3. You view challenges as opportunities for growth.
4. You know the right thing to do, and you do it.
5. You feel compassion for others, including people, animals, and the earth.
6. You accept your current circumstance or situation, and either feel grateful for it or work toward improving it.
7. You begin to appreciate things that you once took for granted.
8. You focus on the solution, rather than the problem.
9. You try to maintain an ongoing positive attitude and recognize when you feel off-balance.
10. You love, appreciate, and respect yourself.
11. You listen to your intuition.
12. You not only genuinely feel happy for others’ successes, but also try to support them in the best way you can.
13. You think more about what will benefit the greater good, instead of what will benefit yourself.
14. A willingness to work through resentments, let go, and move forward.
15. You feel calmer in your daily interactions with others, as well as in situations that may have once caused anger.
16. You realize you aren’t perfect, and life is a series of lessons to help you continue progressing.
17. You start making time for the things you enjoy doing.
18. In a given situation you ask yourself, What is happening here, instead of, Why is this happening to me.
19. Others feel happy and positive just being around you.
20. You continue seeking and finding ways to feel inspired and motivated.
21. You make conscious efforts to bring your awareness back to the present moment.